Thanks Mom. She tagged me in this challenge. The “5 Day Positive Challenge” consists of acknowledging five points of thankfulness (big or small) each day for five consecutive days. Here goes nothing…
1. First and for most, I am thankful for God and all of his continuous blessings in my life. I would not be where I am right now without him. I especially would not be in Spain right now. No matter what is going on in my life, God has been constant and I’m so thankful for his presence in my life. Looking back on different things in my life I can see him prepping me for what I am doing right now. And for that I am so very thankful.
2. I am thankful for my parents. They have always supported me and helped me in any way they can. When it came to college and life after college, my parents were there by my side; ready for the crazy ride ahead. God only knew what the next 5 years after high school held for me. I am glad that I had the support of parents, without it those years would have been a much harder journey. The years of my immediate post-grad life are unknown, but I know that it will be easier with their help and support. No matter what happens, they love me and constantly remind me of that fact. Love you both.
3. My little “big” sister. Our relationship has changed over the years, as expected, but you have blessed me in more ways than I can count. Of course you are my sister, but you are also my friend. It was super awesome to be able to do your first year of college and my last together and tear up the town 😉 You taught me responsibility and showed me a love that is only shared because we are sisters. Cannot wait for our many adventures ahead.
4. Friends. Working on 20 year friendships, those I’ve just met, and everything in between. One of the best things you can have is a family that loves you, and my friends have become family. Being able to grow together and experience life together has been wonderful. Knowing that our friendships can withstand the global distance is amazing. Thank you for loving me.
5. My love for travel and adventure. Without it, I wouldn’t be here. Even though I have no idea where the next 10 months will take me, I am fiercely excited and am looking forward to every moment to come.
Hokay, that was kinda deep. We shall see what I am thankful for manana.