1. I am thankful for the time in the mornings that I have to myself before the kiddos wake up. It’s in the range of 45 minutes to an hour and 30. During this time I spend some time in the word and journal. I get to relish in the stillness and quietness of the house. Love it.
2. Music. Thankful that there are people who are talented in this area and care to share it with others. Music helps me relax, motivates me, and sets the tone. The simple fact that one song can help turn a frown upside-down. Dance parties are a great thing.
3. I’m thankful for my ability to run. Right now I’m training for a group marathon and yesterday while I was running I was thankful for the fact that I am actually able to run. I was able to see different parts of the city that I haven’t seen yet, and even got a little lost. Running always clears my head and is so fun.
4. The great thing called technology. I am grateful that with a touch of a button I can see my family and friends living back in the states. We can communicate instantly. I still love getting written letters and snail mail, but the easy access that technology creates is fab and makes living on the other side of the world a bit easier.
5. Lord knew what he was doing when he picked my Spanish family. They are wonderful and I feel like part of their family. Granted the kiddos drive me kind of crazy sometimes, they are overall sweet and the parents are wonderful. I couldn’t have asked for a better family for the next year.
Oh so thankful!!!