“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” –1 Thessalonians 5:18
1. As I was going to bed last night, I was so thankful for a bed to sleep in. Yesterday I was exhausted and a bed and sleep were such welcome friends. Granted it’s a twin XL, so it reminds me of college living, but still thankful I have it, and that it’s comfy.
2. This is the last week of summer. I’m thankful that school starts Monday. ROUTINE!
3. The kids’ grandma, Virginia, has been here everyday this week. She’s helped out with cooking. So nice! Plus she has some more authoritative pull with Jaime and Eugenia.
4. Thankful for books. Since being in Spain, I’ve been reading. And reading a lot. Books are wonderful and let you escape into your imagination. I’m a fan.
5. I’m thankful for the small victories everyday. Whether the kiddos understand or listen. Or they respond to me in English. Or I contribute to a convo in Spanish. Small things like this are great reminders and help keep me motivated to stay focused and try 🙂